Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 5, 2011

A journey to my "heaven" on earth....




It was 4:30 am. I was running downhill. We were already delayed. It was chilly and i was regretting about not wearing a jacket.
We walked swiftly for about 25 minutes before catching a bus at that hour. It was getting colder and colder.. I captured my window seat in the train. The train started moving
and so did my train of thoughts. I had 10 hours, the countdown will start soon. I dunno how time flew , but i was seeing the VIT campus and lo! my destination was about
2 hours or away from me. We reached the suburbs and i started counting those local stations... 20..19..18..17..16...15..14...13...12......3...2...1..0 and here is my
central!!! I was suddenly silent, i was jumping inside as if a blind man is seeing the beauty of the nature for the first time!  ... All my 5 senses got activated for the hard day ahead, as i didnt want to miss
even a single moment in talking or listening  to rubbish. I stepped out of the train, and the moment i put my foot on the ground.. i was speechless..
yes this is my home, my life, my life-giver, my thirst and my desire.I saw the bright city  and the hustle- bustle, people talking in their native language.
I could feel the sweetness in those sounds. It was like "tenn vandhu payudu kaadinile" ... it was sweeter than honey.
Suddenly i felt that i had not eaten anyhting since morning. Food was not my priority, but i had to. :/ I could feel, the city was calling its long lost child.
 I was walking to one of the various places i had to visit. I could see the rotten mango skins, the fish bones and all other rotten things sidelined outside every house.
I was hearing the rickshaw bells, inhaling the rotten smell, it was an aroma at that moment.
I was relishing the place where i spent childhood hols... shouting, biting, running. I could see those days in front of me , like some documentary. We all grew up, changed with time
wearing a mask everyday but the city which we inhabited never changed. It was the same.. people might change but the city never. The 70 or so year old house stands erect ,
witness to all the events which brought about a turning point in everybody's life associated with it. People came and went by but the place stands still, the city stands still... taking care of everybody
who came for survival. The day was coming to an end. I was still in my dreaming state, rewinding all the moments since the days i remember... since  i fell in love...
 the city dwells in me. I am connected to my love eternally. Even if i am living somewhere else, but i cannot forget my love.
Suddenly, i fall and my back aches. Alas! This was all in a dream, a dream which  i see everyday and the dream which i relish. A dream which came true once,
a dream which i wil never forget. I can trade everything for my beloved even my life. Just a moment's happiness with my love and i will be indebted for my whole life.
Even while i am writing this, i am feeling a sudden surge of happiness, making me forget my present.
i have to go back because of my exams, but  i know my love will wait for me to return.
 My love, Chen(nai) ....

5 comments:

  1. I knew that people usually are attached to their home towns, that there always will be a soft spot in their hearts for the place they know to be their own...but with you it's something different...there's a madness, a love for your special place that I've never seen before...and you expressed that love here very aptly...nicely written yuvva :) can totally see you going mad not being able to go back there...I hope you'll get your chance very soon...
    keep writing...want more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy! u understand me well. ur comment at 5 in the morning!!! ohh, god ... r u sleeping or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oye tere timer me some problem...it was in the evening that I commented yesterday :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yupp go tit. correct kar diya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yuv,
    Sorry for the delay in commenting. I liked your post. But I don't agree with you about Chennai. Even though it is my native place(not chennai actually, it is Mayuram.). I do not like Chennai, specially the climate. I do love Mayuram and its climate and the beauty of River Caveri running through it. But I really enjoyed your love for Chennai. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete